In my last post I mentioned checking out Shudder, a streaming service dedicated mainly to scary movies. Known titles such as Halloween 4 and New Nightmare are featured among platform original series and documentaries.
Thanks to the homie Nick Steelhead I have full access to all the blood and gore involved, which I took advantage of by starting "Crystal Lake Memories" a feature that takes you through the entire history of Friday the 13TH....in nearly seven hours.
The run time is actually 6:40:13 - If we ignore the 40 minute bracket we then have June 13TH, the date in the film where the deeply aggravated Mrs.Vorhees created a crime scene out of a summer camp and spilled out what we know as the slasher flick.
I watched a little over an hour of this last night and plan to regiment it into a viewing schedule so I can write about it.
In other things away from landmark horror I'd like to introduce another character to our saga.
Carlos Vargas is a photographer, fashion entrepreneur and the filmmaker who caught fandom in the skateboarding world with the film 'Beware Of The Wunga"
\
Featured above is footage of my cousin Googz ripping in the film. BOTW was captured and edited by Vargas and Lorenzo Torres the Third during the days of Channel Street Skatepark, our concrete home away from home here in San Pedro that is currently being reformed to meet codes and standards in order to be reopened. In those days though, the community was vibrant and absofuckinlutly wild.
I call him Caleh, and we've been rolling out on random photo quests. Our latest adventure was to Wilmington where I shot photos of some fashionable mannequins.
We also stopped by a coffee shop named Hojas(1201 N Avalon Blvd, Wilmington, CA 90744) and got some cake with mocha lattes.
Whenever we go out I always look for spots that catch my eye and photograph for my profile on Google Maps, which has done better than I ever expected.
355 1,163,023
335 of my photographs reached 1,163,023 viewers in a little after a year of contributing.
Over six of my exposures are main avatars, meaning they've been viewed more times than any other image uploaded to that business page. All of which blows my mind but I'm glad to see my work is noticeable.
As artists we are competing with ourselves most surely. We compete with others as well but its how we stretch with our resources.
I have 5 minutes to post this here before the clock says 12.
You shall hear from me soon.......
Nick S (Photo: Michael Butorovich)
Thanks to the homie Nick Steelhead I have full access to all the blood and gore involved, which I took advantage of by starting "Crystal Lake Memories" a feature that takes you through the entire history of Friday the 13TH....in nearly seven hours.
The run time is actually 6:40:13 - If we ignore the 40 minute bracket we then have June 13TH, the date in the film where the deeply aggravated Mrs.Vorhees created a crime scene out of a summer camp and spilled out what we know as the slasher flick.
I watched a little over an hour of this last night and plan to regiment it into a viewing schedule so I can write about it.
In other things away from landmark horror I'd like to introduce another character to our saga.
Carlos, Downtown Fashion District (Photo: Michael Butorovich)
Carlos Vargas is a photographer, fashion entrepreneur and the filmmaker who caught fandom in the skateboarding world with the film 'Beware Of The Wunga"
\
Featured above is footage of my cousin Googz ripping in the film. BOTW was captured and edited by Vargas and Lorenzo Torres the Third during the days of Channel Street Skatepark, our concrete home away from home here in San Pedro that is currently being reformed to meet codes and standards in order to be reopened. In those days though, the community was vibrant and absofuckinlutly wild.
I call him Caleh, and we've been rolling out on random photo quests. Our latest adventure was to Wilmington where I shot photos of some fashionable mannequins.
We also stopped by a coffee shop named Hojas(1201 N Avalon Blvd, Wilmington, CA 90744) and got some cake with mocha lattes.
Whenever we go out I always look for spots that catch my eye and photograph for my profile on Google Maps, which has done better than I ever expected.
355 1,163,023
335 of my photographs reached 1,163,023 viewers in a little after a year of contributing.
Over six of my exposures are main avatars, meaning they've been viewed more times than any other image uploaded to that business page. All of which blows my mind but I'm glad to see my work is noticeable.
As artists we are competing with ourselves most surely. We compete with others as well but its how we stretch with our resources.
I have 5 minutes to post this here before the clock says 12.
You shall hear from me soon.......

Comments
Post a Comment